The goal of the nursery ministry at IBC is to provide loving care and a safe/secure environment for children ages birth through 2 years old (and sometimes 3 years old). Workers in our nursery do not consider their job to be babysitting, but rather a ministry that lays a foundation on which to build awareness of the love of God in a child’s life. We are honored that you feel comfortable leaving your little ones with us. We work hard to see that the nursery is safe, clean and child-friendly.
- Parents of nursery age children in regular attendance are expected to volunteer in the nursery. This usually amounts to one service a month.
- The nursery cares for children up through age 2 on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We care for children up through age 3 on Sunday nights and for special events.
- Bring a labeled diaper bag for each nursery age child that contains diapers, bottles, pacifier, complete change of clothes and anything else your child needs.
- Please do not leave valuables or medications in your child’s diaper bag.
- Write down any special instructions concerning your child, including allergies or medical conditions.
- For the health of other children please do not bring your child to the nursery if they have a fever, deep cough, contagious condition or non-clear mucus discharge from eyes or nose. We cannot accept children with these symptoms. We ask that children be free of fever, diarrhea or vomiting for 24 hours before returning to the nursery.
- For a complete explanation of our nursery policies, ask for a Nursery Policy Handbook at the Nursery Check-in Station.
- The nursery opens at 8:45 a.m. and closes 15 minutes after the close of the morning worship service.
- The nursery opens at 5:45 p.m. and closes 15 minutes after the close of the evening worship service.
- The nursery opens at 6:15 p.m. and closes at 8:15 p.m.
- The nursery opens 15 minutes prior to an event and closes 15 minutes after an event closes.
A special room has been set aside that allows nursing mothers to feed their babies in privacy and comfort. The Nursing room also has a closed circuit TV so that mothers can watch the worship service while they tend to their infant. Anyone at the Nursery Reception Desk can help you locate the Nursing room which is located off of the Infant room.
The birth of a child is an exciting event in a family’s life. We enjoy sharing in this blessed event by offering quarterly baby dedication services. This short service before the start of morning worship gives parents the opportunity to introduce their new infant to the congregation and publicly declare their desire to raise this child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Those interested in having a baby or young child dedicated can contact the Nursery Director at 479.636.1230.